1. Jason Biggs, Orange Is the New Black and American Pie actor, is a husband, proud father of 3-month-old son, and a new spokesperson for the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
2. Biggs told BuzzFeed in a phone interview that he’s a big documentary fan and an animal lover, but he became anti-SeaWorld by being active on Twitter and seeing the documentary Blackfish, which is about SeaWorld’s treatment of its whales.
3. “Once I saw Blackfish, it moved me. I told my wife she had to watch it and she was afraid at first, but I made her watch it. I actually have footage of her watching it, crying, losing it, actually bawling her eyes out,” he said.
4. Biggs said tweeting jokes at SeaWorld’s expense has been easy, but he hopes that people will understand the message he’s putting across.
5. “Once I started tweeting anti-SeaWorld jokes, PETA became aware of them. They reached out about making the video. I was like, ‘For sure, lets do this.’”
6. In the video, Biggs tries his hardest to shoot commercials for SeaWorld before he ends up losing his cool.
7. “My wife put it perfectly. She said, ‘We’re gonna look back on SeaWorld and say, “Do you remember when we took these huge whales and put them in small tanks for people’s amusement?”’”
8. Biggs hopes people understand his message, and said if people continue to spread awareness online, the park’s attendance will continue to drop.
In The News Today
- The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan called the hospital bombing that killed 22 people "a mistake." ›
- Historic flooding has killed 16 people in South Carolina, where rain finally stopped falling on Tuesday. ›
- New York's attorney general is looking into whether employees at fantasy sports sites might have won bets based on information not available to the public, the New York Times reports. ›