1. Jason Biggs, Orange Is the New Black and American Pie actor, is a husband, proud father of 3-month-old son, and a new spokesperson for the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
2. Biggs told BuzzFeed in a phone interview that he’s a big documentary fan and an animal lover, but he became anti-SeaWorld by being active on Twitter and seeing the documentary Blackfish, which is about SeaWorld’s treatment of its whales.
3. “Once I saw Blackfish, it moved me. I told my wife she had to watch it and she was afraid at first, but I made her watch it. I actually have footage of her watching it, crying, losing it, actually bawling her eyes out,” he said.
4. Biggs said tweeting jokes at SeaWorld’s expense has been easy, but he hopes that people will understand the message he’s putting across.
5. “Once I started tweeting anti-SeaWorld jokes, PETA became aware of them. They reached out about making the video. I was like, ‘For sure, lets do this.’”
6. In the video, Biggs tries his hardest to shoot commercials for SeaWorld before he ends up losing his cool.
7. “My wife put it perfectly. She said, ‘We’re gonna look back on SeaWorld and say, “Do you remember when we took these huge whales and put them in small tanks for people’s amusement?”’”
8. Biggs hopes people understand his message, and said if people continue to spread awareness online, the park’s attendance will continue to drop.
- An explosion that killed 12 people in Tunisia's capital is being labeled a terrorist attack. The country's president has declared a state of emergency. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›