1. Ordering a dry cappuccino makes you an awful human being.
Especially ordering one during the morning rush. They take forever to make, which backs up the rest of the orders. So congrats, now everyone behind you hates you. Plus, it’s not even a cappuccino; it’s a cup of milky-air with some espresso at the bottom. Ugh.
2. Early morning is horrible for everyone, including your barista, so inside voices are appreciated.
Look, I know this is customer service, but cut your barista a little slack if they seem less than thrilled to make your quad-shot short-pull non-fat latte at 7 a.m., OK?
3. Tipping goes a long way to good fortune.
It’s called coffee karma, which means the more you tip the more free drinks you receive from time to time. You don’t need to make it rain, but a light drizzle every now and again is much obliged and will not go unnoticed.
5. The restroom is a privilege, not a right.
OK, maybe not as extreme as this, but remember to be respectful to the fact that other people need to use it. That means not using it as a private conference room/dressing room/shower/shooting gallery/etc. Also, in most instances, coffee shop employees are in charge of cleaning them, so the less foul you can leave them the better.
14. There is such a thing as too much caffeine.
6 a.m.: double espresso
6:30 a.m.: black coffee
7:30 a.m.: macchiato
9 a.m.: another double espresso
10 a.m.: iced coffee
10:05 a.m.: *begins dancing maniacally to imaginary music as reality fades away*
- North Korea launched a rocket that the country said was carrying a satellite. Some critics think it was a way to test prohibited missile technology.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated in New Hampshire ahead of Tuesday's primary, and the gloves were off 🇺🇸
- And Super Bowl Sunday has arrived. The Denver Broncos will take on the Carolina Panthers at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California at 6:30 ET 🏈