According to RateBeer.com, the following are the planet’s most potent beers with the highest ABVs (alcohol by volume) on record.
How do they get so strong? Fractional freezing is how.
Since alcohol freezes at a lower temperature than water, what fractional freezing does is get beer cool enough to freeze some of the water in it. Brewers can then scoop out the ice solids, thus leaving behind a more concentrated alcoholic liquid.
2. Just be warned: These beers are not for chugging. They are for tasting, and drinking a whole one is not advised and could lead to this:
Also, some of these can be can be more than 1800 calories a bottle, just so you know.
3. Brewmeister Armageddon 65% ABV
This brew equals 15.5 Natural Lights with a 4.2% ABV.
4. Koelschip Start the Future 60% ABV
This brew equals 10 Natural Ices with a 5.9% ABV.
5. Schorschbräu Schorschbock 57% ABV
This brew equals 7.7 Olde English 800s with a 7.5% ABV.
6. Fenton Smoked Porter 50% ABV
This brew equals 11.6 Milwaukee’s Best Premiums with a 4.3% ABV.
7. Koelschip Obilix 45% ABV
This brew equals 10.7 Michelob Ultras with a 4.2% ABV.
8. Schorschbräu Schorschbock 43% ABV
This brew equals 10.5 Bud Lights with a 4.1% ABV.
9. BrewDog Sink the Bismarck 41% ABV
This brew equals 16.4 Budweiser Select 55s with a 2.5% ABV.
10. Baladin Esprit de Noel 40% ABV
This brew equals 6.8 Busch Ices with a 5.9% ABV.
11. De Struise Black Damnation VI - Messy 39% ABV
This brew equals 8.5 Corona Extras with a 4.6% ABV.
12. BrewDog Watt Dickie 35% ABV
This brew equals 8.3 Milwaukee’s Best Lights with a 4.2% ABV.