1. Certain turtles can “breathe” out of their butts.
3. The founders of Adidas and Puma were not only brothers, but Nazis.
4. You are more likely to be killed by an asteroid than to win the lottery.
5. Breathing Mumbai’s air for one day is the same as smoking 100 cigarettes in a day.
6. The moon gets 1.5 inches farther from the Earth every year.
This is due to the Earth’s tides and the gravitational tug-of-war they have with the moon.
7. On average, you will spend 92 days sitting on the toilet in your lifetime.
Which equates to around 1 hour, 42 minutes per week on the porcelain throne.
8. Laughing while being tickled is actually a panic response from your body.
It is part of the same response when you unexpectedly feel something like an insect crawling up your leg.
10. Bulls are not affected by the color red, since they are color-blind.
11. Baby koalas have to eat their mom’s poop in order to digest the vegetation around them.
12. The actual scientific name of the western lowland gorilla is Gorilla gorilla gorilla.
A gorilla’s genus, species, AND subspecies names are all “Gorilla.” So, all together, it’s “Gorilla Gorilla Gorilla.”
13. If Facebook was a country, its more than 1 billion users would make it the third-largest country in the world.
14. At least four actors who portrayed the Marlboro Man died from smoking-related illnesses.
15. The Star Trek theme song actually has lyrics.
16. The Pittsburgh Pirates’ Dock Ellis once threw a no-hitter while tripping on acid.
17. People have found used condoms being recycled into elastic hairbands in China.
18. One time, 2,500 fish were killed by a teddy bear.
The stuffed animal accidentally fell into a pool at a hatchery and clogged a drain, thus blocking the flow of oxygen and suffocating the fish. Yikes.
19. After missing a shot, a young man was killed by his own golf club.
Out of frustration, he used the club to whack a bench, which broke and unfortunately bounced back straight into his heart.
21. Dr. Ruth Westheimer trained as a sniper in Israel.
22. The remains of Charlie Chaplin were once stolen and held for ransom.
23. In 1946, Walt Disney Studios produced an animated short about menstruation.
It was made on commission for the International Cello-Cotton Company, and was used in classrooms up until the 1960s.
24. Graham crackers were named after a man who thought healthy eating could fight lust.
Sylvester Graham was a 19th-century minister who proselytized the benefits of a vegetarian diet to suppress one’s sexual appetite.
25. A South African man woke up in the morgue after being presumed dead from an asthma attack 21 hours earlier.
26. In 2013, the Daily Mail found that fast-food restaurant ice may be dirtier than toilet water.
27. A man received over 1 million frequent-flier miles after cashing in the coupons from 12,150 cups of pudding.
He spent a little over $3,000, but the value of the miles was over $150,000.