1. Lorde won two Grammy Awards this year for Song of the Year and Best Pop Solo Performance. She was obviously pretty stoked.
2. Belmont Intermediate School, which Ella Yelich-O’Connor (aka Lorde) attended, congratulated the songstress in the cutest way possible.
But it’s not the first time that Belmont has honored Lorde, since she also won the school’s version of American Idol. According to the Herald Sun, “[Lorde] was crowned the winner of Belmont Idol in 2009 after performing a cover of Duffy’s ‘Warwick Avenue.’”
3. They even hung a picture of her on the front of her high school, Takapuna Grammar School because, well, they love her too, duh?
4. So what was a 12-year-old Lorde like? Well, here she is playing with her then band, which was awesomely named Extreme.
She was really concerned about her hat not falling off, FYI.
6. And here she is taking time to connect with the people, aka her classmates.
She’s probably saying, “Bye, guys! Gotta go be a star now! LOLOL”