1. Finding the perfect miniskirt is a challenge.
Instead, your “minis” come down to your knees.
2. Ditto for maxi skirts and dresses.
Lots of tripping over the hem happening.
4. You could also buy your jeans there, but children’s jeans don’t really have room for grown lady hips.
5. When you budget for clothes, you always have to factor in an additional $15 or $30 for tailoring.
Or risk looking like a schlub.
6. You spend years searching for the man of your dreams: A tailor you can trust.
7. And then if you move, you have to go through the nightmare process all over again.
8. Shopping online is impossible.
The models are always way taller so there’s no way to tell how clothes are actually going to look on you.
9. But shopping in most retail stores offers up a different kind of indignity.
Asking shopkeepers to get things off the top shelf for you.
10. Everything is oversized, so you look like a kid playing dress up in her mom’s clothes.
11. That goes double for when you actually have to get dressed up.
12. Sweaters that are, you know, sweater length on others, are dress length on you.
17. Outerwear never fits.
When you wear a raincoat, it looks like you’re wearing Morpheus’s leather duster The Matrix.
21. You’ve been wearing high heels since forever.
The plus side? You can walk in them like a pro. The downside? Your toes! Your POOR TOES!
22. Accessories sometimes overwhelm your small frame.
Though, okay, we can all admit this particular flower is extremely large and in charge.
23. Tights, even, are often too baggy.
One size fits all? Not exxxxaaaaaacccctly.
24. The darts on your dresses never quite line up right.
27. Even leggings can be long and bunch up on you.
Even dear, sweet leggings will betray you.
28. You know you should hem your pants, but sometimes you’re just like:
29. And then there’s capris.
Too long to be worn as actual capri length, but too short to be worn like regular pants. SUPER FRUSTRATING.
But shorties do have the upper hand on some things.
You can always hem long pants and make them shorter. But you can’t make short pants longer.
You can shop in both the regular and petite sections, too.
So it’s not all bad news!
We've got your WKND covered.
- [Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/at-least-5-people-are-missing-after-tropical-storm-erika-thr)
- [Police are investigating the death of Jamycheal Mitchell, 24, who was arrested months ago in Virginia for allegedly stealing about $5 worth of groceries. He was found dead in his jail cell last week. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/black-man-held-for-months-for-stealing-5-worth-of-snacks-fou)
- Owen Labrie was found not guilty of felony sexual assault charges stemming from a 15-year-old former student's accusations that he raped her at St. Paul's School. ›