1. “You’re so quiet.”
2. “Are you in your head a lot?”
Aren’t…aren’t we all?
3. “You never make eye contact.”
I really want to now!
4. “I just assumed you hated everyone.”
Not talking = seething hatred for all humanity, DUH.
5. “Just relax.”
I AM, it just involves not talking as much.
6. “You should take a public speaking class!”
LOL, why would I do that?
7. “Just go and say hi to [x person], it’s no big deal!”
8. “Are you really introverted?”
Shy extroverts exist! But also, labels are silly so let’s not?
9. “You should talk more! You’re so funny!”
Can’t I just chill? Is that so wrong?
10. “What are you thinking about right now?”
How much I enjoyed this conversation until this exact moment?
11. “You don’t have to be shy around me, I’m nice!”
12. “You should smile more.”
+50 douche points if this is said to a woman, by a man.
13. “Are you this shy with your family?”
HELL NO. I YELL AND BLAST MUSIC ALL THE TIME. OBVIOUSLY.
14. “At least you’re a good listener!”
…I actually just zoned out though :(
15. “Drinking might help.”
Well, yeah. But I like how I am, so.
- Robert L. Dear was identified as the suspected gunman in a fatal shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. Here's what you need to know. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›