Sound producer Mario Weinerroither makes “musicless music videos” that completely transform the way you think about music.
1. Mick Jagger and David Bowie’s moves are somehow even more emphatic in “Dancing in the Street”:
Can you hear the sound of all that delicious blousy fabric?
2. And Prodigy’s “Firestarter” is basically an audition for an interpretive dance troupe:
3. The video for Shakira and Rihanna’s “Can’t Remember to Forget You” is missing the sound of some booty claps, tbh:
4. Queen’s “I Want To Break Free” is basically just people doing chores:
I mean, I guess you would want to break free from this?
5. Nirvana’s “Smells Like Teen Spirit” manages to seem even more gritty without the song:
This video smells DISGUSTING.
6. And OK GO’s treadmill antics in “Here it Goes Again” are even! more! perfect!
7. Michael Jackson’s “The Way You Make Me Feel” is creepy and haunting:
8. “Virtual Insanity” by Jamiroquai will freak you out because of the bug sounds:
9. And did you know that The White Stripes’ “The Hardest Button to Button” actually starts with “Take on Me”?
But the thing that proves that sound changes everything is that even Nosferatu stops being creepy…
…when you add some sound effects:
- Physicists have found gravitational waves: wrinkles in space-time that could open up a new way to see the universe 🔭
- At least 52 inmates were killed and 12 others injured when a riot broke out between gangs in a Mexico prison.
- Time for Democratic presidential debate number six: Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders will face each other in Wisconsin tonight 🇺🇸