1. Could it be because …?
No one wants to be second weirdest. #whyaustin— Alex Bruns
It takes weird to bomb weird. #whyaustin— David Wenger
3. Or maybe …
Kim Jong-un must not like Austin’s new plastic bag policy. #whyaustin— John Aquino
4. Burn zone!
Houston seemed too ambitious. #whyaustin— Ben Montgomery
Because Houston shoots back. #whyaustin— Stephen Green
6. Actually, it probably has something to do with …
Un naturally hates anything South by Southwest. #whyaustin— Sean Agnew
Kim Jong Un and North Korea have had enough of #SXSW tweets #whyaustin— CR
Kim Jong-un’s startup flopped at SXSW Interactive. #whyaustin.— Sarah Beckham
Kim Jong-un wasn’t invited to any of the good SXSW parties. #whyaustin— Alex Fitzpatrick
Kim couldn’t get a wristband to @jtimberlake’s secret show. #whyaustin— Jim Hampton
11. Then again, he could be lashing out against Austin-bred entertainment …
Because Kim is still annoyed by “Slacker.” #whyaustin— John Podhoretz
Because “Friday Night Lights” ended its run and NOBODY puts Connie Britton into a corner. #whyaustin— Daniel Drezner
13. or the city’s fine establishments …
Kim Jong-un still mad about being kicked out of Alamo Drafthouse for texting. #whyaustin— Sarah Beckham
#WhyAustin - Kim Jong Un is pissed that nobody would dance with him at The Broken Spoke.— Nina L. Diamond
Because Stubb’s BBQ won’t deliver to Pyongyang. #WhyAustin— MikÃ©
Kim Jong-un totally lost it when he couldn’t find parking at downtown Whole Foods. #whyaustin http://t.co/ni0HmoGADN— Sarah Beckham
17. its flailing sports teams …
Kim Jong-un was not impressed with UT’s football and basketball seasons. #whyaustin— Roger Graham
18. scandalous local parks …
Kim’s Jong-un poorly received at Hippy Hollow. #whyaustin— David Wenger
19. … or spicy cuisine.
Kim Jong-un the victim of horrible mistranslation of Austin Nuclear Tacos recipes. #whyaustin— Omar L. Gallaga
- President Barack Obama will unveil on Monday a plan that is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- Undocumented immigrants living in Britain will face abrupt eviction from rental properties under new laws designed to reduce the UK's appeal as a migrant destination.
- California Gov. Jerry Brown called for a state of emergency as wildfires burned thousands of acres by Sunday and forced hundreds of evacuations.