1. Officials believe people may still be buried in rubble after an explosion injured about 40 people in central Prague on Monday morning.
2. The blast was likely gas-related, police said.
3. The explosion rocked Divadelni Street in Prague’s popular Old Town district.
4. According to Reuters, there were about 15 people in the building at the time.
5. The building reportedly houses the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and an art gallery.
6. Zdenek Schwarz, head of Prague’s Emergency Medical Services, said that four people sustained serious injuries.
7. “These are mostly light injuries, cuts, bruises, injuries from glass,” Schwarz said on Czech Television.
8. A student near the explosion told the AP “there was glass everywhere and people shouting and crying.”
- At least three people – including a police officer – died in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. The suspect is in police custody. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›