Carnival Dream, a seven-day Caribbean cruise, is stuck at dock in Philipsburg, St. Maarten, because of a “technical issue” — one that apparently affected the plumbing system Wednesday night.
Jonathan Evans, another passneger, also told CNN he was “not allowed off of the boat despite the fact that we have no way to use the restrooms onboard.”
3. UPDATE: A Carnival spokeswoman reached out to BuzzFeed to clarify the toilet situation.
We have had multiple conversations with the ship’s management team related to this subject. Based on the ship’s service logs and extensive physical monitoring of all public areas, including restrooms, throughout the night, we can confirm that only one public restroom was taken offline for cleaning based on toilet overflow and there was a total of one request for cleaning of a guest cabin bathroom. Aside from that there have been no reports of issues on board with overflowing toilets or sewage. The toilet system had periodic interruptions yesterday evening and was fully restored at approximately 12.30am this morning.
4. Carnival issued a statement about the incident Thursday morning, explaining that all services had been restored.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated in New Hampshire ahead of Tuesday's primary, and the gloves were off 🇺🇸
- North Korea launched a rocket that the country said was carrying a satellite, but which some critics believe was a way to test prohibited missile technology.
- Beyoncé dropped a new song and video called "Formation". She's performing at the Super Bowl on Sunday 👑🐝