1. Just one month after Carnival Triumph flooded cable news with its red bags of dung, another group of passengers is claiming to be stuck on a cruise ship with nowhere to defecate.
Carnival Dream, a seven-day Caribbean cruise, is stuck at dock in Philipsburg, St. Maarten, because of a “technical issue” — one that apparently affected the plumbing system Wednesday night.
Jonathan Evans, another passneger, also told CNN he was “not allowed off of the boat despite the fact that we have no way to use the restrooms onboard.”
3. UPDATE: A Carnival spokeswoman reached out to BuzzFeed to clarify the toilet situation.
We have had multiple conversations with the ship’s management team related to this subject. Based on the ship’s service logs and extensive physical monitoring of all public areas, including restrooms, throughout the night, we can confirm that only one public restroom was taken offline for cleaning based on toilet overflow and there was a total of one request for cleaning of a guest cabin bathroom. Aside from that there have been no reports of issues on board with overflowing toilets or sewage. The toilet system had periodic interruptions yesterday evening and was fully restored at approximately 12.30am this morning.
4. Carnival issued a statement about the incident Thursday morning, explaining that all services had been restored.
- Dylann Roof wants to plead guilty to the charges against him in the Charleston church shooting, his attorney said, but a judge entered a not guilty plea for him on Friday.
- The U.S. Coast Guard has suspended its search for two teenagers who went missing a week ago off the coast of Florida.
- Beijing will host the 2022 Winter Olympics, becoming the first city to host both the summer and winter games.