2. Paint was also discovered on the statue of Joseph Henry, outside the Smithsonian Institution.
(Henry was the Smithsonian’s first secretary.)
3. And there it was again on Monday, sprayed onto an organ at Washington National Cathedral.
Exclusive photos of the Washington National Cathedral’s green paint damage.
First on CNN: Photos of the green paint splatter on the Bethlehem Chapel at the Washington National Cathedral.
No other details were available, except that the paint was still wet at the cathedral when it was discovered. The arrest is believed to have happened onsite.
- The battle to replace Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, who died Saturday, is expected to elevate the role of the court in an unprecedented way.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates had their nastiest debate yet in South Carolina 🇺🇸
- And "Deadpool" made $135 million this weekend, the best U.S. debut for an R-rated film. That's a lotta chimichangas 💵