1. Early Friday morning, park officials found the Lincoln Memorial splattered with green paint.
2. Paint was also discovered on the statue of Joseph Henry, outside the Smithsonian Institution.
(Henry was the Smithsonian’s first secretary.)
3. And there it was again on Monday, sprayed onto an organ at Washington National Cathedral.
Exclusive photos of the Washington National Cathedral’s green paint damage.
First on CNN: Photos of the green paint splatter on the Bethlehem Chapel at the Washington National Cathedral.
5. Metropolitan Police Department Assistant Chief Peter Newsham told WUSA9 that a woman has been arrested in connection with the vandalism.
No other details were available, except that the paint was still wet at the cathedral when it was discovered. The arrest is believed to have happened onsite.
- Greece voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain, and its creditors are unimpressed.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.