1. Early Friday morning, park officials found the Lincoln Memorial splattered with green paint.
2. Paint was also discovered on the statue of Joseph Henry, outside the Smithsonian Institution.
(Henry was the Smithsonian’s first secretary.)
3. And there it was again on Monday, sprayed onto an organ at Washington National Cathedral.
Exclusive photos of the Washington National Cathedral’s green paint damage.
First on CNN: Photos of the green paint splatter on the Bethlehem Chapel at the Washington National Cathedral.
5. Metropolitan Police Department Assistant Chief Peter Newsham told WUSA9 that a woman has been arrested in connection with the vandalism.
No other details were available, except that the paint was still wet at the cathedral when it was discovered. The arrest is believed to have happened onsite.
- Owen Labrie was found not guilty of felony sexual assault charges stemming from a 15-year-old former student's accusations that he raped her at St. Paul's School. ›
- Former U.S. President George W. Bush delivered a speech honoring New Orleans' teachers during a visit marking the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. ›
- Police confirmed 71 people, likely refugees who fled Syria, were found dead in a truck abandoned in Austria. ›