1. Here’s how the baby, who hasn’t been named yet, was found on Saturday.
Firefighters rescued the boy by sawing out a piece of the pipe and then dismantling it in a dramatic two-hour rescue.
The baby’s mother said she unexpectedly gave birth to the baby while using a squat toilet. She heard his cries when he slipped through the pipe and called her landlord for help, according to local media reports. Authorities said it was an accident and the mother will not be charged.
4. Here’s what he looked like on Tuesday.
The baby is apparently in stable condition. A doctor at the Pujiang People’s Hospital told reporters he was ready to be released.
9. On Wednesday, his condition continued to improve.
11. For now, nurses are calling him Baby No. 59.
- Illegal immigrants living in Britain will face abrupt eviction from rental properties under new laws designed to reduce the UK's appeal as a migrant destination.
- President Barack Obama will unveil climate change regulations at a White House event on Monday. The plan is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72 years old.