1. Around 1 p.m. local time, a campus spokesman confirmed shots were fired at Lone Star College in North Houston.
Harris County Constable Precinct 4 has confirmed to local media that at least three people were shot on campus, including a suspected gunman. Another suspect was on the run before turning himself in at a local hospital.
That information is consistent with a report from school spokesman Jed Young, who told CNN that two people were hurt in cross-gunfire between two people arguing.
The two victims are reportedly in serious condition at Houston’s Ben Taub General Hospital.
Witnesses told KTRK reporters on the scene that the shooting happened in a breezeway between the cafeteria student center and the library.
3. The school went on lockdown.
A warning on its website.
- Illinois' attorney general has asked the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division to investigate Chicago's police department. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›
- And a Turkish court had to call in experts to determine whether a man comparing the country's president to Gollum from "Lord of the Rings" was an insult. ›