In this 2005 file photo, Henry Edmont Cane, left, and partner Christopher Patrick Flanaghan kiss outisde Belfast City Hall in Northern Ireland after becoming the first male couple to win legal recognition for their civil partnership.
2. The bill was approved by a vote of 400-175. The Commons’ backing is only the first step toward legalization, however. Parliament will continue to debate the measure.
MPs vote in favour of bill legalising gay marriage in England and Wales http://t.co/u060onT9— BBC Breaking News
- Kids in California schools can no longer be opted out of vaccination on religious or personal grounds under a new law.
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who has faced political fallout from the "Bridgegate" scandal, is running for president. He's the 14th Republican in the race.
- Misty Copeland has become the first black female principal dancer in American Ballet Theater's 75-year history.
- And Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck have decided to divorce after 10 years of marriage. ?