1. Prince Harry recently ended his second combat tour in Afghanistan with a series of media interviews. In one, he joked that playing video games prepared him for operating an Apache helicopter.
John Stillwell, Pool / AP
2. The Taliban was outraged by the prince’s comment. Spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid called him a “coward” who “has probably developed a mental problem.”
In The News Today
- The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan called the hospital bombing that killed 22 people "a mistake." ›
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›
- In a Vanity Fair interview, Rihanna said Rachel Dolezal, who identifies as black even as her parents insist she was born white, "was a bit of a hero." ›