1. At the height of the papal conclave, a group of women gathered at the Vatican to protest the church’s policy forbidding women from becoming priests.
2. They released pink smoke, referencing the black or white smoke used at the Sistine Chapel to signal the Pope decision.
“The Catholic church should be a healthy and vibrant place with equality, with both men and women called to the priesthood. Jesus did not exclude women. Jesus encouraged women and actively sought to include them,” said protester Miriam Duignan.
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Liberia has reported three new cases of Ebola this week. The country was declared Ebola-free on May 9.
- A pilot has broken the world records for longest solo flight and longest non-stop flight ever taken in a solar-powered airplane ?