1. Oscar Pistorius stood before South African prosecutors and wept Friday, as they announced intent to charge him with premeditated murder.
4. At one point, Chief Magistrate Desmond Nasir, who barred TV stations and photographers from documenting the session, told Pistorius to “Take it easy.”
5. Pistorius did not enter a plea.
6. In a statement issued later, his family and management said the “alleged murder is disputed in the strongest terms.”
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates will debate Saturday at 9 p.m. ET on CBS for the first time since Donald Trump's win in New Hampshire.
- Up to 150,000 penguins may have been killed by an iceberg blocking their access to the sea.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.