PYONGYANG, North Korea (AP) — North Korea says its leader Kim Jong Un has been promoted to marshal, the military’s highest rank.
North Korean state media made the announcement Wednesday in a special bulletin.
The move follows several days of reshuffling at the highest levels of North Korea’s most powerful institution: its million-man military. The changes are widely seen by outside observers as an attempt by the new leader to put his stamp on the government he inherited seven months ago when his father Kim Jong Il died.
3. To prepare for the new job, he’s been touching a lot of weapons and waving at people in uniform.
9. So, Kim Jong Un, congratulations on your promotion.
18. But no one’s happier for you than yourself.
- The gun allegedly used by an undocumented immigrant to shoot and kill a woman on a San Francisco pier last week may have been stolen from a federal agent.
- Fox has secured the rights to make a movie about the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on marriage equality.
- Subway has suspended Jared Fogle, the weight-loss guy from their commercials, due to an FBI investigation.