PYONGYANG, North Korea (AP) — North Korea says its leader Kim Jong Un has been promoted to marshal, the military’s highest rank.
North Korean state media made the announcement Wednesday in a special bulletin.
The move follows several days of reshuffling at the highest levels of North Korea’s most powerful institution: its million-man military. The changes are widely seen by outside observers as an attempt by the new leader to put his stamp on the government he inherited seven months ago when his father Kim Jong Il died.
3. To prepare for the new job, he’s been touching a lot of weapons and waving at people in uniform.
9. So, Kim Jong Un, congratulations on your promotion.
18. But no one’s happier for you than yourself.
- World leaders are gathering in Paris for the United Nations summit on climate change 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›