1. Gimenez’s oil painting “Las Bodegas de Borja” (“Borja’s Wine Cellar”) was sold on eBay after 52 bids.
The proceeds will go to the Catholic charity Caritas.
In September, the 80-year-old Gimenez reportedly asked for royalties from the Sanctuary of Mercy Church in Borja, which had been charging about $4 to see her now-famous mural.
4. Just imagine how much she could have sold the painting if it looked like this:
5. Jesus Fresco = instant classic painting upgrade.
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72 years old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".