1. Gimenez’s oil painting “Las Bodegas de Borja” (“Borja’s Wine Cellar”) was sold on eBay after 52 bids.
The proceeds will go to the Catholic charity Caritas.
In September, the 80-year-old Gimenez reportedly asked for royalties from the Sanctuary of Mercy Church in Borja, which had been charging about $4 to see her now-famous mural.
4. Just imagine how much she could have sold the painting if it looked like this:
5. Jesus Fresco = instant classic painting upgrade.
- France and Russia have agreed to coordinate their airstrikes with the U.S. against ISIS. ›
- Russia's athletic federation has accepted its suspension after a report found evidence of "widespread doping." ›
- Adele's record-breaking album "25" has now sold more than 3 million copies in the U.S. ›