1. Gimenez’s oil painting “Las Bodegas de Borja” (“Borja’s Wine Cellar”) was sold on eBay after 52 bids.
The proceeds will go to the Catholic charity Caritas.
In September, the 80-year-old Gimenez reportedly asked for royalties from the Sanctuary of Mercy Church in Borja, which had been charging about $4 to see her now-famous mural.
4. Just imagine how much she could have sold the painting if it looked like this:
5. Jesus Fresco = instant classic painting upgrade.
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter has crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated current Britain's Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?