1. Gimenez’s oil painting “Las Bodegas de Borja” (“Borja’s Wine Cellar”) was sold on eBay after 52 bids.
The proceeds will go to the Catholic charity Caritas.
In September, the 80-year-old Gimenez reportedly asked for royalties from the Sanctuary of Mercy Church in Borja, which had been charging about $4 to see her now-famous mural.
4. Just imagine how much she could have sold the painting if it looked like this:
5. Jesus Fresco = instant classic painting upgrade.
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- The Baltimore Circuit Court will host the first hearing in the homicide case of Freddie Gray on Wednesday. ›
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›