2. The explosion happened Thursday at the building adjacent to the executive tower of Petroleos Mexicanos, or Pemex, Mexico’s state-owned oil company.
4. PEMEX tweeted earlier today that the building was evacuated before the explosion because of electricity issues.
5. It’s still unclear what the exact source of the explosion was.
6. Interior Minister Miguel Angel Osorio Chong said the death toll could still rise, according to local reports.
A soldier stands guard outside the Pemex headquarters after the explosion.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates will debate Saturday at 9 p.m. ET on CBS for the first time since Donald Trump's win in New Hampshire.
- Up to 150,000 penguins may have been killed by an iceberg blocking their access to the sea.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.