1. Police released this photo of Roberts during a press conference on Wednesday:
According to officials, Roberts used a AR-15 semi-automatic rifle, stolen from someone he knew.
While on his rampage through the mall, the gun apparently jammed, but police believe Roberts was able to get it working again.
The 22-year-old student at Clackamas Community College has no criminal record.
2. Here’s his Facebook page, which will likely be taken down soon:
Police say they believe Roberts killed himself at the scene.
3. Here’s how he describes himself:
Hey what’s up guys my names Jake and I’m an alcoholic… Lol just kidding. If you were to ask someone that knows me they would probably say that I am a pretty funny person that takes sarcasm to the max. I’m the kind of person that is going to do what I want. There is no reason for another person to tell you what to do, I’m the conductor of my choo choo train. I may be young but I have lived one crazy life so far. My friends are my family and I don’t think that will ever change. I have done a lot for myself in the past year some good and some bad but I still press on. I like hanging out with my friends and having a good time maybe get a little drunk every now and then. I like to think of myself as a bit of an adrenaline junkie… Yup that’s right I’m a junkie lol. But I’m just looking to meet new people and see the world. Right now I work at the most badass gyro shop in town. I am one of the few people that can say I love my job and actually mean it. But if you want to know more about me send me a message. What’s up let’s party.
4. His photos:
8. And his interests, which include shooting:
9. Police also released photos of the two dead victims:
Steven Mathew Forsyth, 45.
Cindy Ann Yuille, 54.
Another victim — a 15-year-old girl — was taken to the hospital with a gunshot wound to the chest.
- Former U.S. President George W. Bush delivered a speech honoring New Orleans' teachers during a visit marking the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. ›
- Police confirmed 71 people, likely refugees who fled Syria, were found dead in a truck abandoned in Austria. The suspected drivers have been arrested. ›
- Florida Gov. Rick Scott declared a state of emergency due to the "severe threat" posed to his state by Tropical Storm Erika. ›