1. The 86-year-old Castro unexpectedly showed up at a parliament election polling place in Havana this Sunday.
3. It was a surprise for Cubans and the press — the last time we saw Castro was in still photos in October, when he posed in a garden to fight off rumors of a debilitating stroke.
5. Castro didn’t comment on his own health, but he did comment on the declining health of his friend, Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez.
6. “He is much better, recovering,” Castro said.
7. “It has been a tough battle, but he has been improving. We have to cure him. Chavez is very important for his country and for Latin America.”
- Protesters gathered in Chicago Tuesday night after city officials released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›