1. On Tuesday, five Italian businessmen dropped trou outside the parliament building in Rome.
2. They represented a lobby called Cobas Imprese, protesting Equitalia, a controversial tax collection agency they accuse of harassing Italians in debt.
“In the past 18 months, 162 businessmen have committed suicide because they have ended up in the teeth of this agency,” Cobas Imprese Presdient Giuseppe Graziani told reporters, according to Reuters.
4. Their signs read “You are killing thousands of jobs.”
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 22 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- The World Bank announced that for the first time it is forecasting the rate of extreme global poverty to drop below 10% in 2015 . ›