The Associated Press
BREAKING: Popular psychologist Joyce Brothers has died in New York at age 85 -RJJ
Psychologist Joyce Brothers, the beloved Good Housekeeping columnist and frequent guest on shows like Match Game, Saturday Night Live, Happy Days, Married… with Children and All That, has died, her daughter confirmed to CNN.
She had a Ph.D from Columbia University and an undergraduate degree from Cornell University, but Brothers’ big break came in 1955 with an appearance on The $64,000 Question game show, when she reportedly memorized 20 volumes of a boxing encyclopedia to win the top prize. She was the show’s second — and only female — winner.
In 1989, she told the Washington Post, “I invented media psychology. I was the first. The founding mother.”
4. Here’s a compilation of her clips, including that 1955 game show appearance.
5. And here she is talking “naughty parts” with Conan O’Brien.
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲
- And there's a hilarious new rap meme of Pope Francis, thanks to a photo taken over the weekend of him giving his blessing 🙏🎤 ›