Katee Sackhoff, the 33-year-old actress who’s starred in Battlestar Galactica, 24, and the new series Longmire, claimed she lost half of her 100,000 followers Monday when she tweeted about practicing gun safety.
4. After a flood of responses from gun-control supporters, Sackhoff tried to clarify her stance.
8. The whole conversation apparently didn’t sit well with her followers.
9. But was this an exaggeration? Her Twitter stats show she’s actually gained followers since Monday’s tweet.
14. UPDATE — Saturday, June 15: Sackhoff has responded to the mini-controversy.
I did not lose half my Twitter followers. My tweet was an attempt to diffuse a discussion that, for the moment had gotten slightly heated. And in 140 characters anger, frustration, and also humor do not translate well …
This was a light hearted attempt to change the subject for the moment. I never dreamed it would be printed as truth and not FACT checked …
My opinions are just that, my truth is my integrity. And my integrity is my character. I hope none of that has come into question this week.
Read her full response here.
- Airplane debris discovered Wednesday on the coast of the French island of Réunion is found to belong to a Boeing 777, a Malaysian official confirmed to AFP Friday.
- Beijing has won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.
- Zimbabwe's environment minister has called for Walter Palmer, the American dentist who killed Cecil the lion, to be extradited over the animal's death.