Katee Sackhoff, the 33-year-old actress who’s starred in Battlestar Galactica, 24, and the new series Longmire, claimed she lost half of her 100,000 followers Monday when she tweeted about practicing gun safety.
4. After a flood of responses from gun-control supporters, Sackhoff tried to clarify her stance.
8. The whole conversation apparently didn’t sit well with her followers.
9. But was this an exaggeration? Her Twitter stats show she’s actually gained followers since Monday’s tweet.
14. UPDATE — Saturday, June 15: Sackhoff has responded to the mini-controversy.
I did not lose half my Twitter followers. My tweet was an attempt to diffuse a discussion that, for the moment had gotten slightly heated. And in 140 characters anger, frustration, and also humor do not translate well …
This was a light hearted attempt to change the subject for the moment. I never dreamed it would be printed as truth and not FACT checked …
My opinions are just that, my truth is my integrity. And my integrity is my character. I hope none of that has come into question this week.
Read her full response here.
- Two people on a civilian airplane were killed in a mid-air collision with a military jet in South Carolina. The F-16 jet pilot was ejected and is "in good shape."
- Subway has suspended Jared Fogle, the weight-loss guy from their commercials, due to an FBI investigation.
- Bounce TV and BET will no longer air series featuring Bill Cosby after court records showed he admitted to buying sedatives to give to women.