Katee Sackhoff, the 33-year-old actress who’s starred in Battlestar Galactica, 24, and the new series Longmire, claimed she lost half of her 100,000 followers Monday when she tweeted about practicing gun safety.
4. After a flood of responses from gun-control supporters, Sackhoff tried to clarify her stance.
8. The whole conversation apparently didn’t sit well with her followers.
9. But was this an exaggeration? Her Twitter stats show she’s actually gained followers since Monday’s tweet.
14. UPDATE — Saturday, June 15: Sackhoff has responded to the mini-controversy.
I did not lose half my Twitter followers. My tweet was an attempt to diffuse a discussion that, for the moment had gotten slightly heated. And in 140 characters anger, frustration, and also humor do not translate well …
This was a light hearted attempt to change the subject for the moment. I never dreamed it would be printed as truth and not FACT checked …
My opinions are just that, my truth is my integrity. And my integrity is my character. I hope none of that has come into question this week.
Read her full response here.
- The Baltimore Circuit Court will host the first hearing in the homicide case of Freddie Gray on Wednesday. ›
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›
- The fingerprints of the main suspect in last month's deadly Bangkok shrine blast match those found on bomb-making material, Thai police say. ›