1. On April 4, a Los Angeles County deputy rescued Kyndall Jack, an 18-year-old who had been missing for five days near Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif.
2. The rescue team found Jack clinging to the face of a cliff. It was described as an almost-vertical canyon wall.
3. They said they found her by following the sound of her screams.
An undated handout photo of Jack.
4. Jack had been hiking with a friend, Nicholas Cendoya, in the Trabuco Canyon area of Orange County.
An undated handout photos of Cendoya.
5. The hikers called for help on March 31, telling authorities they were lost. Cendoya was found by another hiker — less than a mile from his car — on April 3, but Jack was still missing.
6. Friends of Jack and Cendoya — both Costa Mesa residents — held vigils for the missing pair.
7. Officials said that when they found Jack, she was dehydrated and weak. “She wouldn’t have made it much longer,” said Deputy Jim Moss, the paramedic who rescued her.
Jim Moss is far right. Speaking is Mike Leum, Assistant Director Reserve Chief, Los Angeles County Search and Rescue.
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72-years-old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".