1. Over the last 12 years, 101-year-old Fauja Singh has completed nine marathons.
4. Singh is believed to be the oldest marathon runner in the world, but he can’t be verified by Guinness World Records because he doesn’t have a birth certificate.
5. This Sunday in Hong Kong, Singh will complete his final 10K before retirement.
6. “I am hurt by the fact that I am going to retire,” he told the AFP, via an interpreter.
7. “I do not really want to hear the word ‘retire’ because I can still run and jump on a bus … I fear that when I stop running, people will no longer love me. At the moment, everyone loves me.”
- U.S. presidential candidates are making their final pitches before the New Hampshire Primary, the second voting contest of the nominating season 🇺🇸
- The Pentagon has confirmed that North Korea successfully launched a satellite into orbit on Sunday night.
- President Obama asked Congress for $1.8 billion to fight the spread of the Zika virus across the Americas.