3. “The African lions will be back. They went to another zoo to breed,” an administrator at the People’s Park Zoo explained to the Oriental Daily.
5. Tibetan mastiffs are hugely popular in China, selling for as much as $750,000. Puppies are smuggled in from the Himalayan plateau, despite many veterinarians arguing that the huge dogs are “unsuitable” as household pets in the climate.
Tibetan mastiff puppies!
7. More mistaken identity at the People’s Park Zoo, via users on Sina Weibo:
- India's telecom authorities have ruled against Free Basics, Facebook's controversial plan to offer free but limited internet.
- BuzzFeed News has identified a second member of the ISIS execution cell led by "Jihadi John."
- The New Hampshire primary, the second voting contest of the U.S. presidential nominating season, is on Tuesday.