1. Golfer Rory McIlroy (Northern Ireland) and tennis player Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark)
There’s been speculation about whether their respective performances have worsened since they started dating.
2. German swimmers Britta Steffen and Paul Biedermann
Fun fact: They both hold world records — Steffen for women’s 50m and 100m freestyle and Biedermann for both the short and long courses of men’s 200m and 400m freestyle.
3. Shooters Katerina Emmons (Czech Republic) and Matthew Emmons (USA)
The couple married in 2007 after meeting at the 2004 Athens Olympics. Matthew had just finished eighth after firing at the wrong target.
4. French swimmers Alain Bernard and Coralie Balmy
The two met in 2008 at the Beijing games. He’s known in French tabloids as a “sportsman with a soft heart.”
5. Shooters Melissa Mikec (El Salvador) and Damir Mikec (Serbia)
Melissa (far left) told an El Salvador blog that it takes just “one look” from Damir to calm her down and help her recover from a bad shot. The couple met while training in 2005 at Fort Benning in Georgia, home of the U.S. Army Marksmanship Unit.
6. Swimmers Jessica Hardy (USA) and Dominik Meichtry (Switzerland)
She just won bronze in women’s 4×100m freestyle. And they’re engaged!
7. Australian swimmers Chris Wright and Melanie Schlanger
They’re one of FOUR Australian swimmer couples!
- A Guatemalan judge ordered former President Otto Perez Molina held in jail overnight while hearings over the corruption scandal that led to his resignation take place. ›
- Prosecutors will seek the death penalty for Dylann Roof, accused of killing nine people in a Charleston church in June. ›
- The Justice Dept. has tightened rules on cell phone tracking, forcing federal agencies to get a warrant. ›