1. Build your own.
This can be expensive, but it’s also totally customizable for whatever space you have.
2. Use bookshelves to store and display pretty shoes, hats odds an ends.
Shelves available at IKEA.
3. Store extra garments — especially out-of-season clothes and things you don’t wear very often — under your bed.
4. Or, use decorative benches for storage.
Think of it as a makeshift dresser.
5. Cool trunks work, too.
Check flea markets and eBay.
6. Display them in a glass dresser or vintage cubbies.
Find them on Etsy.
8. Take advantage of high-up wall space by installing hooks to hang luggage on.
9. Use your pretty suitcases to store out-of-season items, thus freeing up closet space.
10. Or hide your ugly luggage behind room dividers.
11. Store scarves, belts and ties in PVC pipe.
Available at your local hardware store.
12. Make cubbies out of paint cans. Use them to store accessories like small handbags, clutches, wallets, or sunglasses cases.
13. Jewelry can be hung on sturdy hangers or bulletin boards.
15. And use your umbrella stand to hold a yoga mat.
19. But don’t over-think it.
Find a lamp that can hang on a wall or doesn’t take up much space, like this one from Urban Outfitters.
20. Add temporary wallpaper.
Tempaper has great, long-lasting stick-on designs.
- World leaders are gathering in Paris for the United Nations summit on climate change 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›