1. Build your own.
This can be expensive, but it’s also totally customizable for whatever space you have.
2. Use bookshelves to store and display pretty shoes, hats odds an ends.
Shelves available at IKEA.
3. Store extra garments — especially out-of-season clothes and things you don’t wear very often — under your bed.
4. Or, use decorative benches for storage.
Think of it as a makeshift dresser.
6. Display them in a glass dresser or vintage cubbies.
Find them on Etsy.
8. Take advantage of high-up wall space by installing hooks to hang luggage on.
9. Use your pretty suitcases to store out-of-season items, thus freeing up closet space.
11. Store scarves, belts and ties in PVC pipe.
Available at your local hardware store.
12. Make cubbies out of paint cans. Use them to store accessories like small handbags, clutches, wallets, or sunglasses cases.
13. Jewelry can be hung on sturdy hangers or bulletin boards.
19. But don’t over-think it.
Find a lamp that can hang on a wall or doesn’t take up much space, like this one from Urban Outfitters.
20. Add temporary wallpaper.
Tempaper has great, long-lasting stick-on designs.
- Dylann Roof wants to plead guilty, his attorney said. He is accused of killing nine people at a Charleston church in June.
- The World Health Organization says that an interim analysis of a potential Ebola vaccine shows "100% efficacy in individuals."
- Beijing won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.