2. Hand-painted shades
This simple tutorial encourages imperfect lines.
3. Juicy Couture-inspired sunglasses
Three layers of mint nail polish + one coat of clear polish = a $5 version of these $114 Juicy Couture frames.
4. Flag frames
A patriotic hand-drawn pair using Sharpie markers.
6. Sonia Rykel-inspired rhinestone sunnies
No glue gun required. More here.
7. Polka-dot sunglasses
Use a toothpick to paint polka dots on to your frames — no special paint required.
8. Inner-frame makeover
If you don’t want to make any extreme changes to your sunglasses, start from the inside with this tutorial.
9. Lace shades
Tutorial here. (Tips for how to actually see through them not included.)
11. Multi-color painted frames
This version of the polka-dot frames uses nail polish and Q-Tips.
12. Bejewelled sunglasses
Snip the backs of your flashiest pair of earrings and glue-gun them on to your frames. (Just beware of sharp edges.) More here.
13. Miu Miu-inspired glitter shades
14. Dolce & Gabbana-inspired floral sunglasses
This project has been tearing up Pinterest boards since these floral sunnies were first seen at Dolce & Gabanna’s Fall 2012 show. You’ll need to pick up some ceramic roses or flowers from the craft store.
This tutorial takes a little more time (and polymer clay and baking), but the end result is more customizable.
15. Glitter cat eyes
Another nail polish project (inspired by J.Lo). Tutorial here.
16. Python print frames
17. Leather-corner cat eyes
A project from P.S. I Made This, for when you just don’t want to go out and buy a new pair.
- At least one member of Ukraine's National Guard has died and about 90 people were injured after protesters clashed with police outside of Parliament in Ukraine. ›
- Lawyers for the NFL and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady failed to reach a settlement in the deflategate case. A decision is expected by Friday. ›
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›