1. Sonia Rykiel-inspired pearl frames
Time to break out the glue gun.
2. Hand-painted shades
This simple tutorial encourages imperfect lines.
3. Juicy Couture-inspired sunglasses
Three layers of mint nail polish + one coat of clear polish = a $5 version of these $114 Juicy Couture frames.
4. Flag frames
A patriotic hand-drawn pair using Sharpie markers.
6. Sonia Rykel-inspired rhinestone sunnies
No glue gun required. More here.
7. Polka-dot sunglasses
Use a toothpick to paint polka dots on to your frames — no special paint required.
8. Inner-frame makeover
If you don’t want to make any extreme changes to your sunglasses, start from the inside with this tutorial.
9. Lace shades
Tutorial here. (Tips for how to actually see through them not included.)
11. Multi-color painted frames
This version of the polka-dot frames uses nail polish and Q-Tips.
12. Bejewelled sunglasses
Snip the backs of your flashiest pair of earrings and glue-gun them on to your frames. (Just beware of sharp edges.) More here.
13. Miu Miu-inspired glitter shades
14. Dolce & Gabbana-inspired floral sunglasses
This project has been tearing up Pinterest boards since these floral sunnies were first seen at Dolce & Gabanna’s Fall 2012 show. You’ll need to pick up some ceramic roses or flowers from the craft store.
This tutorial takes a little more time (and polymer clay and baking), but the end result is more customizable.
15. Glitter cat eyes
Another nail polish project (inspired by J.Lo). Tutorial here.
16. Python print frames
17. Leather-corner cat eyes
A project from P.S. I Made This, for when you just don’t want to go out and buy a new pair.
- Protesters gathered in Chicago Tuesday night after city officials released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›