1. Demolition works started at Penn Station
Which reunited the most elegant picketers New York has ever seen.
2. Lawrence of Arabia won Best Picture at the 35th Oscars
3. James Bond took his first trip to America
The first Bond movie Dr.No was released in North America. It included a cross-country tour of the film with the man himself, Sean Connery, to promote it.
6. General Hospital aired its first episode
The count is now up to 12,784 episodes aired and going up. It holds the Guinness Records for longest-running American soap opera currently in production, and the third worldwide.
7. Brad Pitt was born
And yes, Brad Pitt turns 50 this year.
8. And so was Johnny Deep.
Apparently, 50 is the new hot.
9. Iron Man and X Men were introduced
Tony Stark makes his big escape from the evil Wong-Chu in Vietnam via armor suit and the students of the School for Gifted Youngsters in Westchester County, New York get summoned up by Charles Xavier to fight Magneto.
11. The Beatles recorded and released their debut album “Please, Please Me”.
Ten of the fourteen tracks were recorded in a single day, February 11.
This record sent The Beatles to the top of the charts in the UK and, later on, to the world.
12. These 2 guys were born
James Hetfield was born in August 3 and Lars Ulrich in December 26. 18 years later they formed Metallica.