In literature the devil is often depicted as a trickster. But when it comes to his greatest trick, there’s an aphorism that gets it completely wrong: “The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist.” But this is patently false and a complete mischaracterization of the quality of that particular trick. These are, in fact, the greatest tricks the devil has ever played.
2. Convincing America that a groundhog could accurately predict the weather.
3. Assuming human form in order to own the New York Yankees from 1973 to 2010.
4. The Real Housewives of Orange County (Though the devil would like the record to show that he had nothing to do with any of the other versions. Those are on us.)
5. Turning Denzel Washington, star of “Malcolm X,” into Denzel Washington, star of “Unstoppable.”
6. Convincing the world that his greatest trick was convincing the world he didn’t exist. You’re welcome for the false sense of security.
7. Taking away John Mayer’s “hood pass.”
9. Closing the birthing wing of Lenox Hill Hospital and blaming it on Beyoncé and Jay-Z.
10. Convincing that religious woman that her child was the son of God. If it’s any consolation, he actually feels kind of bad about that one, Mrs. Tebow.
11. Creating Caller ID to ruin prank calls for everyone.
12. The entire city of Cleveland, Ohio.
Note: I am from Cleveland, Ohio.
13. Convincing a man named Willard Mitt Romney that he should go by Mitt instead of Will.
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72-years-old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".