2. It was a terrifying situation, and fans and players alike waited with bated breath.
7. Eventually, the doctors got Muamba onto a stretcher and took him out of the stadium. Once at the hospital they were thankfully able to revive him. Which was far from a given, as Muamba had been clinically dead for 78 minutes.
8. But the 24-year-old would never be able to play the sport he loved again.
9. Last night Muamba made his return to White Hart Lane, the stadium where he collapsed, and the welcome was chilling.
11. Enjoy your moment, Mr. Muamba. You’ve gone through more than enough to earn it.
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. ›
- "Victor Frankenstein" joined the ranks of 2015 films that opened in more than 2,000 North American theaters, but earned less than $4 million on opening weekend. ›