1. In an awkward interview with ESPN on the issue of gay athletes, Falcons star Asante Samuel brought up a few obnoxious straw man arguments.
Um… As long as gay people play sports, there is a combination.
Yeah. Because your experience as a member of the majority totally qualifies you to talk about how a minority group feels.
Translation: It’s okay to be gay, but I don’t have to know, do I?
Because explaining to a child that two people love each other is such a terrifying thought.
5. Watch the whole painful interview here.
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›