1. In an awkward interview with ESPN on the issue of gay athletes, Falcons star Asante Samuel brought up a few obnoxious straw man arguments.
Um… As long as gay people play sports, there is a combination.
Yeah. Because your experience as a member of the majority totally qualifies you to talk about how a minority group feels.
Translation: It’s okay to be gay, but I don’t have to know, do I?
Because explaining to a child that two people love each other is such a terrifying thought.
5. Watch the whole painful interview here.
- At least eight people in Colorado Springs were injured in a shooting near a Planned Parenthood clinic, officials said. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›