1. In an awkward interview with ESPN on the issue of gay athletes, Falcons star Asante Samuel brought up a few obnoxious straw man arguments.
Um… As long as gay people play sports, there is a combination.
Yeah. Because your experience as a member of the majority totally qualifies you to talk about how a minority group feels.
Translation: It’s okay to be gay, but I don’t have to know, do I?
Because explaining to a child that two people love each other is such a terrifying thought.
5. Watch the whole painful interview here.
- The U.S., Japan, and 10 other Pacific Rim nations have agreed to a historic trade deal encompassing 40% of the world's economy. ›
- Three scientists who developed treatments against parasites have won the 2015 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine. ›
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›