Prospective NFL players have to face a lot of tough questions from NFL teams during pre-draft interviews.
2. Sometimes they have to answer for unlawful activity off the field.
Former Florida State star Peter Warrick had to answer for being arrested for a scheme where he underpaid for goods at a department store in Florida.
3. Sometimes they have to answer for a bizarre scandal about them having a fake dead girlfriend.
Basically coaches and scouts try to find out about players’ red flags. Things that could hinder them from helping the team.
5. But this year NFL prospect Nick Kasa was matter of factly asked a surprising question:
6. Kasa’s full quote to ESPN Radio in Denver was:
Weird’s one word for it… Offensive and possibly illegal are other words for it.
9. But it makes sense that they ask about sexual orientation. After all, NFL players have to be able to run…
10. Or throw…
11. Or tackle…
12. Or catch.
And obviously only men who have sex with women are able to do any of those things, right?
- The Temple of Bel, an important ancient structure in the ISIS-held Syrian city of Palmyra, has been destroyed, the United Nations says. ›
- A white supremacist has been found guilty of capital murder in the shooting deaths of three people at two Jewish facilities in Kansas last year. ›
- The U.S. Supreme Court says a Kentucky county must issue marriage licenses while its clerk appeals a ruling in a lawsuit from three same-sex couples against her "no marriage licenses" policy. ›