Earlier today we brought you the story (first reported by the New York Daily News) that the man accused of orchestrating the Te’o hoax, Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, claimed to actually be the person pretending to be Lennay Kekua on the phone. Well now, thanks to Katie Couric’s talk show Katie, we can hear the voicemails for ourselves. Do you think they sound like a guy pretending to be a girl?
2. Here “Lennay Kekua” leaves a voicemail on “her first day of chemo.”
3. Here “Lennay” is upset because she thinks Te’o has someone else in his room.
4. Here is a voicemail left the day before “Lennay” “died.”
In The News Today
- Austria and Germany will allow people seeking refuge from the war in Syria who are currently in Hungary to come to their countries. ›
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses today, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›