Earlier today we brought you the story (first reported by the New York Daily News) that the man accused of orchestrating the Te’o hoax, Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, claimed to actually be the person pretending to be Lennay Kekua on the phone. Well now, thanks to Katie Couric’s talk show Katie, we can hear the voicemails for ourselves. Do you think they sound like a guy pretending to be a girl?
2. Here “Lennay Kekua” leaves a voicemail on “her first day of chemo.”
3. Here “Lennay” is upset because she thinks Te’o has someone else in his room.
4. Here is a voicemail left the day before “Lennay” “died.”
In The News Today
- The U.S., Japan, and 10 other Pacific Rim nations have agreed to a historic trade deal encompassing 40% of the world's economy. ›
- Three scientists who developed treatments against parasites have won the 2015 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine. ›
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›