1. This is A.J. Burnett.
J. Meric / Getty Images
He was the opening day starter for the Pittsburgh Pirates.
3. This is a rosin bag.
Charlie Neibergall / AP
4. Baseball pitchers use it to get better control of the ball.
Ron Jenkins/Fort Worth Star-Telegram / MCT
5. Earlier today, A.J. Burnett went to use the Rosin bag, when…
The announcer pointed out that since it is April Fools’ Day, this may be “the ol’ exploding rosin bag trick.”
7. Here’s hoping it wasn’t a prank, because if it was, I think whoever played it may be in grave danger. Does this look like someone you want to mess with?
David Denoma / Reuters
Didn’t think so.
In The News Today
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- The United Nations has proposed a national unity government for Libya after peace talks between the north African country's two rival factions. ›
- Walter Scott's family has reached a $6.5 million settlement with North Charleston, S.C., where the unarmed black man was fatally shot by an officer in April. ›