1. Last week, we brought you photos of Derek Jeter taken in Miami that appeared to show the Yankee captain looking a little softer than we’re used to seeing him.
2. Then we decided to have a little fun with Jeter’s new look.
3. Well, the Captain went to the MLB Network to make clear that the Miami photos were just bad angles.
5. So in the interest of fairness: What happens when the Internet calls Derek Jeter fat?
6. Jeter has still offered no defense for the blue cargo shorts he was wearing in the previous set of photos.
In The News Today
- Budapest's main train station has opened its doors after a two-day stand-off, during which hundreds of people without a valid European Union visa weren't allowed on trains. ›
- Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina has resigned amid a lengthy corruption scandal that has brought his government to the brink. ›
- China's President Xi Jinping has said army personnel will be reduced by 300,000, the biggest cut to the military in almost two decades. ›