1. Last week, we brought you photos of Derek Jeter taken in Miami that appeared to show the Yankee captain looking a little softer than we’re used to seeing him.
2. Then we decided to have a little fun with Jeter’s new look.
3. Well, the Captain went to the MLB Network to make clear that the Miami photos were just bad angles.
5. So in the interest of fairness: What happens when the Internet calls Derek Jeter fat?
6. Jeter has still offered no defense for the blue cargo shorts he was wearing in the previous set of photos.
In The News Today
- The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan called the hospital bombing that killed 22 people "a mistake." ›
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›
- In a Vanity Fair interview, Rihanna said Rachel Dolezal, who identifies as black even as her parents insist she was born white, "was a bit of a hero." ›