1. In an interview with espnW, recent top WNBA draft pick Brittney Griner said that she was told by her college coach at Baylor, Kim Mulkey, to keep her sexuality to herself.
2. Griner went on to say that she was told by the school to delete multiple tweets that indicated that she was gay, including one to a then-girlfriend.
Kim Mulkey responded by punting the issue and just saying that Griner will always be a valued member of the Baylor family.
4. It’s worth noting that Baylor is a Baptist school who has the following in their student handbook under “Sexual Misconduct”
“Christian churches across the ages and around the world have affirmed purity in singleness and fidelity in marriage between a man and a woman as the biblical norm. Temptations to deviate from this norm include both heterosexual sex outside of marriage and homosexual behavior. It is thus expected that Baylor students will not participate in advocacy groups which promote understandings of sexuality that are contrary to biblical teaching.”
5. Hey Baylor, Brittney Griner is not impressed.
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72-years-old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".