Canada’s Brandon University has a promotion where a student can take a half-court shot at Friday home games to win free tuition for the semester. But this season, no one was able to win it, so for the final home game of the season last Friday, a student could choose anyone in the building to shoot for him. Mason Kaluzniak chose BU’s basketball coach Gil Cheung.
2. Cheung took the charge seriously and made sure to thoroughly prepare.
3. No for real. This guy got loose.
4. And then…
6. Everyone was so excited for Cheung that they actually ran right past the kid who got free tuition.
7. Don’t worry. Someone hugged him finally.
8. And then Cheung and Kaluzniak gave us the cathartic embrace the moment deserved.
9. Watch the video here:
- Brussels started reopening schools and the Metro Wednesday after a four-day security lockdown. The city remains on the highest terrorism alert. ›
- Protesters gathered in Chicago Tuesday night after city officials released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›