Canada’s Brandon University has a promotion where a student can take a half-court shot at Friday home games to win free tuition for the semester. But this season, no one was able to win it, so for the final home game of the season last Friday, a student could choose anyone in the building to shoot for him. Mason Kaluzniak chose BU’s basketball coach Gil Cheung.
2. Cheung took the charge seriously and made sure to thoroughly prepare.
3. No for real. This guy got loose.
4. And then…
6. Everyone was so excited for Cheung that they actually ran right past the kid who got free tuition.
7. Don’t worry. Someone hugged him finally.
8. And then Cheung and Kaluzniak gave us the cathartic embrace the moment deserved.
9. Watch the video here:
Here Are Today's Top Stories
- Police confirmed 71 people, likely refugees who fled Syria, were found dead in a truck abandoned in Austria. The suspected drivers have been arrested. ›
- Florida Gov. Rick Scott declared a state of emergency due to the "severe threat" posed to his state by Tropical Storm Erika. ›
- President Obama marked a decade of recovery after Hurricane Katrina, citing gains, but also the immense amount of work that he said still needs to be done. ›