2. WHA?! See it again in GIF form.
3. So who is the groper? Can we identify this frisky ballplayer?
First, we know he has sunglasses on his hat and a red armband on his left arm.
4. Next, by going frame by frame, we can figure out that his jersey number is probably 9.
This would make it Tribe third baseman (and Lonnie Chisenhall’s platoon-mate) Jack Hannahan.
5. Confirmation: Red armband, glasses, Number 9.
6. End of story, right? Well maybe. But once the scrum died down, Jack Hannahan didn’t immediately head back to the dugout. He… Uh… Lingered.
7. This totally real, completely non-doctored* photo is of the dirt around third base from a game earlier this season when Jack Hannahan had started.
Love is a beautiful thing.
*Totally fake and completely doctored photo.
8. There does look to be a second groper, but he ends up going with a “regular” butt tap.
Sports are weird.
- David Fry, the last of the Oregon wildlife refuge occupiers, has surrendered to the FBI, ending a 40-day protest.
- Physicists have found gravitational waves: wrinkles in space-time that could open up a new way to see the universe 🔭
- Time for Democratic presidential debate number six: Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders will face each other in Wisconsin tonight 🇺🇸