2. WHA?! See it again in GIF form.
3. So who is the groper? Can we identify this frisky ballplayer?
First, we know he has sunglasses on his hat and a red armband on his left arm.
4. Next, by going frame by frame, we can figure out that his jersey number is probably 9.
This would make it Tribe third baseman (and Lonnie Chisenhall’s platoon-mate) Jack Hannahan.
5. Confirmation: Red armband, glasses, Number 9.
6. End of story, right? Well maybe. But once the scrum died down, Jack Hannahan didn’t immediately head back to the dugout. He… Uh… Lingered.
7. This totally real, completely non-doctored* photo is of the dirt around third base from a game earlier this season when Jack Hannahan had started.
Love is a beautiful thing.
*Totally fake and completely doctored photo.
8. There does look to be a second groper, but he ends up going with a “regular” butt tap.
Sports are weird.
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- Uber has suspended its low-cost UberPOP service in France following protests last week.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?