1. “A Young Gypsy” by Joan Baez
Written for her son Gabriel.
2. “Beautiful Boy” by John Lennon
Written for his son Sean.
3. “Blurry” by Puddle of Mudd
Written for lead singer Wes Scantlin’s son Jordan.
4. “Flowers For Zoe” by Lenny Kravitz
Written for his daughter Zoe.
5. “Forever Young” by Rod Stewart
Stewart Rewrote the lyrics to the Bob Dylan classic for his children Sean and Kimberley.
6. “Little Green” by Joni Mitchell
Written for the child Joni Mitchell gave up for adoption.
7. “Lullabye (Goodnight My Angel)” by Billy Joel
Written for his daughter Alexa Ray.
8. “Ready, Set, Don’t Go” by Billy Ray Cyrus
Written for his daughter Miley Cyrus.
9. “Sail To The Moon” by Radiohead
Written for Thom Yorke’s son Noah.
10. “Tears in Heaven” by Eric Clapton
Written for Clapton’s son Conor who fell out a 53rd floor window when he was 4 years old.
11. “With Arms Wide Open” by Creed
Written when Scott Stapp heard he was going to be a father. He would eventually have a son named Jagger.
12. “Wild Horses” by The Rolling Stones
Written for Keith Richard’s son Marlon.
13. “Stay” by Fabolous
Written for his son Johan.
14. “Out of Exile” by Audioslave
Written during his wife’s pregnancy about the happiness Chris Cornell felt about having a child. He eventually had a son named Christopher.
15. “Kooks” by David Bowie
Written for David Bowie’s son Zowie.
16. “Isn’t She Lovely” by Stevie Wonder
Written for his daughter Aisha.
17. “Here For You” by Neil Young
Written for his daughter who at the time was in her last year of college.
18. “Mouth’s Cradle” by Björk
Written about the joys of motherhood and her daughter Isadora.
19. “Song For The Baby” by Kelis
Writen about her and Nas’s son Knight.
20. “All My Love” by Led Zeppelin
Written for Robert Plant’s son Karac who died of a stomach infection when he was 5 years old.
21. “Animal Instinct” by The Cranberries
Written by Delores O’Riordan’s son Taylor.
22. “Glory” by Jay-Z
Written for his and Beyoncé’s daughter Blue Ivy.
For more check out SongFacts.com.