1. There’s No Evidence That Vikings Had Horns On Their Helmets
Historical vikings, I mean. The ones from Minnesota we definitely have evidence of horns…
2. Marie Antoinette Never Said “Let Them Eat Cake”
The phrase appeared in Rousseau’s “Confessions” when she was only 10 years old.
3. George Washington Did Not Have Wooden Teeth
He had four different sets of dentures: gold, hippopotamus ivory, lead, and human and animal teeth.
4. Napoleon Was Not Particularly Short
He wasn’t tall either, but just average size.
5. Mussolini Did Not Make The Trains Run On Time
Most of the infrastructure work was done before Moussolini came to power.
6. Einstein Never Failed Math
Before he was fifteen he had actually “mastered differential and integral calculus.” So there’s that.
7. Someone Does Not Need To Be Missing For 24 Hours To File A Missing Persons Report
If there is evidence of violence or an unusual absence one can be filed much sooner.
8. Swallowed Chewing Gum Does Not Take 7 Years To Digest
It’s not digestible, but it goes through your system at roughly the same rate as other food.
9. 420 Is Not The LA Penal Code For Marijuana Use
The term came from people planning to meet at 4:20pm to smoke.
10. When Olde English Was Spoken People Did Not Use “Ye” Instead of “The”
11. The Great Wall Of China Is Not Visible From The Moon
Nothing man-made is.
12. Goldfish Actually Have Memories Longer Than A Few Seconds
So that thing you did in front of your goldfish… He remembers.
13. Bats Are Not Blind
Many do use sonar primarily, but all bats have eyes capable of sight.
14. Lemmings Do Not Have Mass Suicidal Dives From Cliffs During Migration
This was popularized in an early Disney nature film that was shot on a soundstage and the Lemmings were actually pushed off the cliff by photographers.
15. Bulls Are Not Enraged By The Color Red
Red doesn’t stand out as a bright color for bulls, but the movement of the matador’s cape does in fact enrage them.
16. Shaving Does Not Make Hair Grow Back Faster And Thicker
So you can stop trying, that beard just might never come for you… Ma’am.
17. Sugar Does Not Cause Hyperactivity In Children
Children are just crazy.
18. Redheads Are Not Going Extinct
There may be less of them, but so long as people carry the gene there will be redheads.
19. Alcohol Does Not Kill Brain Cells
At least not directly. You can still do things while drunk that will kill brain cells.
20. Men Do Not Think About Sex Every 7 Seconds
It just seems that way. This statistic is actually impossible to measure.
21. Vaccines Do Not Cause Autism
So shut up Jenny McCarthy. Just shut up.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders clashed on immigration, Obama, and Kissinger (!) in Thursday's Democratic debate. We have a recap for you 🇺🇸
- World leaders have agreed to a "cessation of hostilities" in Syria, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said.
- NYPD Officer Peter Liang was found guilty of manslaughter in the 2014 shooting of Akai Gurley, an unarmed black man.
Report an Issue
Drag to highlight one or more parts of the screen.
We got your feedback, and we'll follow up with you at
Sadly, an error occured while sending your feedback. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.