1. Meet Fauja Singh.
2. He is a 101-year-old Indian-born British national.
3. And oh yeah. He’s a badass.
4. He is the world’s oldest marathon runner.
5. He has a killer beard that splits in two and carries him like wings.
6. He also rocks an awesome, yellow dastar (or turban).
7. This weekend he will be competing in his last race ever.
8. In a press conference ahead of this Sunday’s 10km race in Hong Kong, Singh hesitated to use the word “retire,” even though this will be his final race.
9. “I do not really want to hear the word ‘retire’ because I can still run and jump on a bus. It’s a (sense of) negativity that I have never experienced before.”
10. “I fear that when I stop running, people will no longer love me. At the moment, everyone loves me… I hope nobody will forget or ignore me.”
11. “When you become old, you become like a child and you want the attention.”
12. So as Singh races for the final time this weekend.
13. Let’s do him a favor.
14. And give him a little attention.
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. ›
- And watch a man react to the modern world after spending 44 years in prison. ›