Lady Gaga may be on top when it comes to outrageous style in the western world, but Kyary Pamyu Pamyu—the Japanese singer known mainly in the USA for her viral video, “PonPonPon“—is the Queen of Kawaii in Japan. That’s why many (including Kyary herself) seemed surprised when Lady Gaga upstaged the kawaii queen on her own turf during their joint appearance on the Japanese show, M Station.
3. 1. It’s one thing to have polka dots on your clothes. It’s an entirely different thing to have them on your hair, too.
And with fuzzy, bouncy antennae, too.
5. 3. And just in case you’ve forgotten which season is coming up, Kyary’s hair is here to remind you.
I hope she does this again for Presidents’ Day. A bust of Bill Clinton would look great in hair form.
6. 4. Sometimes she even forgoes hair altogether and replaces it with fruit.
8. 6. Occasionally she does opt for something a bit simpler, like a button-covered shark.
11. 9. She may not ride down the red carpet in a pod, but she sells clothes in commercials by coming out of spaceships.
I’m pretty sure she also zapped a man into a woman in this ad.
- Former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore is dropping out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination. He got 133 votes in New Hampshire.
- MLB issued its first-ever lifetime ban for performance enhancing drugs to New York Mets' Jenrry Mejia.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.