(Inspired by Dee Phunk)
25 Reasons Why Wu-Tang Is for the Children #BlackBuzzFeed
1. In 1998, Ol Dirty Bastard stormed the stage of the Grammys to make a bold declaration: “Wu-Tang is for the children.”
“When it comes to the children, we teach the children. Wu Tang is for the children.”
9. Plus Ghostface has this song, “Baby.”
12. GZA cooperated with NYC schools to teach high school science through hip-hop.
13. They rap constantly about “seeds.” Seeds = kids.
From “Glaciers of Ice”: “My seeds, run with his seeds, marry his seeds
That’s how we keep Wu-Tang money all up in the family.”
Explained by Rap Genius: “Our kids grow up together and then marry each other, keeling all of wealth inside the family. A practice used among royalty.”
18. Method Man (and Red Man) taught kids about the importance of higher learning in the seminal coming of age movie How High.
19. Wu-Tang loves ice cream, and so do children.
20. If you’ve ever listened to Wu-Tang, you know they’re like the nine awesomest boy-dorks in the world. They have a video where they all turn into super bees.
21. ODB said that he and Mariah Carey “go back like babies and pacifiers.”
24. ODB talks about babies all the time! Like he frequently says “Oooh BABY I like it raw.”
Not sure what he means. But that’s for the children all right.
27. This baaaaaaad lil lady makes up for him.
Where you goin’ with that pinecone and your bad self?
28. “H-U-F-F Huff and I puff!”
Like the children’s story!
29. In fact, the whole song “Method Man” is sort of one, long, incredible nursery rhyme.
30. And yeah, even though Method Man is constantly stoned and horny, doesn’t he seem like he’d just be the tightest uncle?
33. They call each other “son” constantly. Example: “I call my brother son ‘cause he shine like one.”
- President Obama stepped up his climate change campaign on Monday while touring the Alaskan Arctic, warning that it's "almost too late" to stop global warming. ›
- The U.S. Supreme Court says a Kentucky county must issue marriage licenses while its clerk appeals a ruling in a lawsuit from three same-sex couples against her "no marriage licenses" policy. ›
- The Temple of Bel, an important ancient structure in the ISIS-held Syrian city of Palmyra, has been destroyed, the United Nations says. ›