25 Reasons Why Wu-Tang Is for the Children #BlackBuzzFeed
(Inspired by Dee Phunk)
1. In 1998, Ol Dirty Bastard stormed the stage of the Grammys to make a bold declaration: “Wu-Tang is for the children.”
“When it comes to the children, we teach the children. Wu Tang is for the children.”
9. Plus Ghostface has this song, “Baby.”
12. GZA cooperated with NYC schools to teach high school science through hip-hop.
13. They rap constantly about “seeds.” Seeds = kids.
From “Glaciers of Ice”: “My seeds, run with his seeds, marry his seeds
That’s how we keep Wu-Tang money all up in the family.”
Explained by Rap Genius: “Our kids grow up together and then marry each other, keeling all of wealth inside the family. A practice used among royalty.”
18. Method Man (and Red Man) taught kids about the importance of higher learning in the seminal coming of age movie How High.
19. Wu-Tang loves ice cream, and so do children.
20. If you’ve ever listened to Wu-Tang, you know they’re like the nine awesomest boy-dorks in the world. They have a video where they all turn into super bees.
21. ODB said that he and Mariah Carey “go back like babies and pacifiers.”
24. ODB talks about babies all the time! Like he frequently says “Oooh BABY I like it raw.”
Not sure what he means. But that’s for the children all right.
27. This baaaaaaad lil lady makes up for him.
Where you goin’ with that pinecone and your bad self?
28. “H-U-F-F Huff and I puff!”
Like the children’s story!