1. The earliest recorded tattoo dates back to 3,200 B.C.
2. Friday the 13th is a big tattoo day.
Most tattoo parlors offer $13 tattoo deals on Friday the 13th. Do you feel lucky? Punk…
3. If you want to get all “secret agenty,” you can get a blacklight tattoo.
You could trace your veins in UV ink and look like a superhero at the club.
4. There are lots of vegan tattoo parlors that offer animal-free ink.
Although law doesn’t require that ink manufacturers list all the ingredients that go into their products, most standard inks are reportedly made using burned animal bones and glycerin (a compound made from animal or vegetable fat).
5. If you think it’ll hurt your chances at a job, know that President Teddy Roosevelt had some ink done.
Although other presidents are rumored to have had tattoos, Teddy is the only confirmed recipient.
6. Sailor tattoos carry a lot of meaning.
An anchor means he/she crossed the Atlantic or was a member of the Merchant Marines. A rope means he/she was a deckhand. A swallow represents 5,000 nautical miles traveled, a turtle means he/she has crossed the equator, and a dragon showed that the sailor had served in China.
7. The Yakuza use hand-poked, full-body tattoos as a form of identification.
Hand-poked tattoos are created using non-electrical tools and can take a long time to complete. They are both expensive and painful.
8. Tattoos can save your life.
Those suffering from epilepsy and diabetes are just a few examples of people who have been saved by permanent ink.
9. Lip tattoos are the most temporary location to get inked.
Without a touch-up, they last anywhere from one to five years before fading away.